Ofoase-Ayirebi Constituency

Ofoase-Ayirebi constituency was carved out of the Birim North constituency in 2004 with its headquarters at Akyem Ofoase in the Eastern Region of Ghana. The constituency initially started with 22 electoral areas and a voter population of about 29,200.

The constituency is predominately a farming area with 73% of the working population being farmers.  It is heterogeneous in terms of ethnicity. The Akans constitute 75% of the entire population in the constituency. Other tribes such as the Ewes, Gas, Krobos, Guans and people of Northern Ghana origin constitute the remaining 25% of the population.

Powered by Brand Phoenix